The Center for Action Civics
As the professional development branch of Mikva Challenge, The Center for Action Civics provides teachers, schools, and non-profit organizations with the tools and strategies needed to engage young people in high quality Action Civics programming, either in a classroom, an after-school club, or as part of a community organization.
- Curricula and materials that integrate Action Civics into a class or club
- Training and technical assistance for teachers, schools, and organizations who are interested in running leadership development, activism, youth policymaking, and/or elections and campaigns programs in their school or community
- Ongoing professional development opportunities that provide strategies for implementing Action Civics, and content from experts in the field of politics and civic action
- A network of teachers engaging in Action Civics who share best practices and collaborate - the Civic Educator Network (CEN)
- Ongoing support through classroom visits, guest speakers and materials
- Online library of relevant and topical resources to supplement our curricula